Food Safety Information
We know it is important for our customers to know the food they are purchasing is both safe and manufactured in a properly licensed food facility.
Daffy, DBA Daffy Apple Corp, solely operates a licensed food manufacturing facility at 11075 East 47th Avenue in Denver, Colorado. The Daffy facility is zoned F-1/Food Processing by the City and County of Denver under permit number 03079174. We do not sell or manufacture anything outside this facility.
Daffy operates with a full food safety program guided by HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points), and the new FDA FSMA (Food Safety Modernization Act) Rules. This ensures we operate in a sanitary, safe, and quality controlled system with a full food safety program.
Daffy has successfully completed years of third-party audits and is currently audited under the GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) based SQF (Safe Quality Food) version 8 schema. SQF is one of the highest standards for a third-party audit and covers all facets of manufacturing & distributing food products in a safe manner. Daffy employees participate in ongoing food safety meetings to keep track of continuing initiatives, and all employees receive food safety training prior to their official start.
For apples, Daffy only uses fresh, Ready to Eat apples that have been sanitized twice before being turned into a caramel apple. First, the apples are washed and sanitized at the packing house near the orchard where the apples were picked. Before the apples are shipped to Daffy, they are tested by IEH Analytical Laboratories, an independent lab, to ensure no harmful pathogens are present on the apples. After the apples are received, Daffy sanitizes the apples again at our facility using the most advanced UV apple sanitizing system in the industry. UV light has been proven effective in killing harmful bacteria found in apples.
In conjunction with Colorado Department of Health and Environmental, Daffy is audited and inspected by the FDA food inspection service.
- On an annual basis, the FDA conducts Food Safety audits ensuring we follow the established Good Manufacturing Practices as published by the FDA.
- The FDA also performs environmental sampling, which tests for plant and equipment cleanliness on a random basis.
Daffy is audited under the standards of SQF Version 8.1 conducted by Global STD to ensure our food safety system is compliant with industry standards, and the entire system is functioning, and procedures are being followed as written.
- Third party audits provide a means to trust a food manufacturer by having independent inspections performed in the facility while product is being produced.
- Our most recent audit was conducted in September 2021, and we scored 97 out of 100 points, which is an excellent rating.
Daffy is inspected by the USDA for net weight compliance. The USDA ensures we are fully complying with the stated net weight declarations on our packaging.
Daffy was inspected in Oct of 2019 under the new FDA FSMA regulations. Daffy passed with zero section 483 violations.
Daffy holds Business - Professional License #1005085 with the City and Council of Denver, Director of Excise and License.
Daffy has proper Wholesale, Retail, Use licenses and Sales Tax licenses with the city of Denver and state of Colorado.
Daffy has the following licenses, permits and registrations:
- On location owners and operators of Daffy have been trained, and hold certifications in HACCP, FSMA, and SQF.
- FDA Food facility registration number: 10759607622
- Colorado Department of Health and Environment Registration Number: WF11612
- City and County of Denver Business License: 1005085
- USDA PACA license: 19901964
Daffy is a member of the following professional organizations:
- The International Dairy - Deli - Bakery Association
- Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce
- Colorado Proud through the Colorado Department of Agriculture
For more information about Daffy please contact us.